We want to be known for:
- Delivering quality, safety and reliability in meeting our clients’ needs
- Valuing honesty and transparency in our people
- Achieving the highest standards of corporate governance
- Fostering environmental protection and sustainable development.
We want to deliver
- Value to projects through cost and planning optimization and effective risk management
- High returns to our shareholders over the mid and long run
- Development opportunities to all members of our teams
- Technological innovation and cutting-edge technologies
- Value to all of our stakeholders.
EQUIMO professional activities are governed by a set of Values, which have been approved by its Board of Directors.
These revolve around 4 main areas:
- Integrity, professional excellence, protection of health, safety, and the environment, as well as social, responsibility are the core values at EQUIMO.
- Our goal is to achieve the highest level of satisfaction for all our partners and, in particular, for our clients, our shareholders and our employees.
- Built on the know-how and expertise of our teams, we aim to conduct our business in line with the principles of sustainable development.
- Our core values are set out in our Charters regarding business ethics, social accountability, environmental protection, and health and safety.
Integrity is one of the core values of EQUIMO. This Charter defines the Company Objectives in this area and the corresponding Rules of good conduct.
- To offer opportunities for success to all our suppliers, partners and subcontractors in a spirit of fair competition and mutually rewarding collaboration.
- To conduct our business everywhere in the world with the highest standards of honesty, integrity and fairness, in accordance with the Global Compact principles.
- To put our staff as at the heart of our strategic development, and create conditions for the individual men and women of EQUIMO to reach their full potential.
- To disclose relevant information openly and transparently with our shareholders and the financial community.
Our Rules of Good Conduct
In carrying out their professional activities, the women and men of EQUIMO strive to achieve our referred Group Objectives, by complying with the following rules of good conduct:
- Not granting, directly or indirectly, any kind of benefit to any public official for the purposes of obtaining a contract.
- Not using for their personal profit or disclosing to a third party any insider information to which they may have access through their professional activities, and in particular, not buying or selling, or having bought or sold by a third party, any security of EQUIMO until such information has been made public by EQUIMO.
- Avoiding any conflict of interest between their roles in the Company's business and their private interests, particularly in their relations with clients, competitors and suppliers. In this regard, EQUIMO staff must refrain from offering or accepting gifts or invitations which would not be consistent with acceptable practices or applicable laws.
- Protecting the confidentiality of the information to which they have access through their professional activities.
- Informing the company about any behaviour which is not compliant with the rules set forth in this Charter.
Social responsibility is one of the core values of EQUIMO. This Charter defines the Company's Objectives in this area and the corresponding guidelines.
- To have employment relationships guided by the Company's values.
- To implement this Charter to all entities of the EQUIMO Company which will adapt this Charter to local legislations, cultural differences and local specificities of the countries in which they operate.
In order to reach the above mentioned objectives in terms of social responsibility,
- Will not, as a principle, practice any discrimination among its employees or applicants on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, political or trade union affiliations, nationality or disability.
- Is committed to providing the necessary training for the Company's skill base and its advancement, as well as for the professional development of its employees.
- Promotes and facilitates mobility within the Company.
- Will not employ children under the minimum working age for completing compulsory schooling in the countries where we do business, and in any event, not under the age of 15 years old.
- Is committed to not using forced or compulsory labour.
- Will continue to maintain a positive work environment in which employees and management work together to strengthen our business.
- Respects the freedom of association, which includes the right of each employee to join or refuse to join a trade union in accordance with the applicable legislation in the relevant country.
- Endeavours to develop an open dialogue with its employees and their representatives, if any, concerning significant decisions that will directly affect them.
- Encourages its suppliers and sub-contractors to implement the values set forth in the present Charter in their own business policies.
- Endeavours to distribute this Charter to all employees within the EQUIMO Company through our local entities.
Environmental responsibility is one of the core values of EQUIMO. This Charter defines the Company’s Objectives in this area and the corresponding Environmental Guidelines.
- To strive to minimize the impact of our activities on the environment and risks to nature and others.
- To strive persistently and with determination to avoid any environmental incidents.
Management's commitment is a critical success factor in achieving these goals.
In order to achieve our Objectives, we have established the following guidelines:
- To comply with applicable environmental legislation and our own standards.
- To set clear and meaningful objectives for environmental performance, placing an emphasis on key indicators.
- To measure our performance and communicate our progress, regularly and openly.
- To hold managers, supervisors and employees accountable for compliance with our environmental management systems.
- To implement environmental management systems which comply with ISO 14001 requirements.
- To use and develop our engineering knowledge to reduce the environmental impact of the facilities we are working for.
- To combine our engineering and technology know-how with sound assessment principles in order to minimize environmental impacts and mitigate, as much as is reasonably practicable, residual consequences that may arise.
- To promote employees awareness so that they may integrate environmental considerations into their daily activity.
- To work with our clients, partners and subcontractors to build a common environmental management system on each project.
- To strive to continually improve our environmental performance.
Health and Safety Charter
Health and Safety of persons and property are among the core values of EQUIMO. This Charter defines the Company’s Objectives in this area and the corresponding Health & Safety Guidelines.
- To insist upon and protect the Health and Safety of persons and property, when in conflict with other strategic goals.
- To strive persistently and with determination to avoid incidents and losses in the workplace and elsewhere.
Management's commitment is a critical success factor in achieving our Health & Safety goals.
In order to achieve our Health and Safety Objectives, EQUIMO set up the following guidelines:
- To comply with applicable Health & Safety legislation and EQUIMO’s own standards.
- To set clear and meaningful objectives for Health & Safety performance, placing an emphasis on key indicators.
- To measure our performance and communicate our progress regularly and openly.
- Hold managers, supervisors and employees accountable for compliance with our Health & Safety management systems.
- To implement Health & Safety management systems which comply with internationally recognized industry standards.
- To combine our engineering and technology know-how with sound assessment principles in order to minimize risks and mitigate, as much as is reasonably practicable, any residual consequences.
- To ensure all relevant personnel receive appropriate training and advice to allow them to undertake their work safely and without any detriment to their health.
- To work with our clients, partners and subcontractors to build a common Health & Safety management system on each project
- To strive to continually improve our Health & Safety performance.
Quality, the health of the personnel working on the job sites or in the industrial facilities built by EQUIMO, as well as environmental protection are EQUIMO top priorities. These concerns are taken into account at the earliest stage for any project being designed and appropriate measures are applied strictly at each stage of the project execution.